Ontario Cup Tournament Host Information
Please find below information that will be valuable to Ontario Cup Tournament Hosts as you prepare to host your Tournament Round. The Tournament Host Manual should provide you with all the necessary information and includes the Competition Rules, Draw Charts, and information on all other aspects of the Ontario Cup. The Tournament Host Workshop Presentation is the slideshow that was presented at the Workshops held in London and Toronto on May 12th, which includes a step by step tournament guide.
The following are blank tournament round schedules for you to print and then complete and send to the OSA Provincial Office as well as your District Ontario Cup Coordinator.
The following video summarizes the Step by Step Tournament Guide in a simple yet comical way.
Click Here for Video on YouTube
The Tournament Host Organization responsibilities are to:
- Apply to its District Association to host an Ontario Cup Tournament by the January 12, 2012 deadline*
- Attend the Ontario Cup Tournament Workshop (Saturday, May 12, 2012)
- Supply the OSA Competitions and Events Department with the following by May 11, 2012:
- a map illustrating the location of the field(s) (preferably a google map link, with address)
- the kick-off time and the field for each game on the schedule
- hotel information for teams travelling
- any other relevant information
- Erect the nets and corner flags and ensure that the field is properly lined
- Ensure that washroom facilities are available for the teams and spectators
- Provide game balls for each game
- Communicate results to the D.O.C.C. by 7:00 p.m., Sunday night of the tournament weekend
- Collect the referee fee payments from each team and pay the game officials
- Pay all expenses incurred in hosting the tournament