Provincial Team Selection / Tryout Consideration
Along with players who are currently registered with an OSA Member Club, the players in an OSA Recognized Non-Club Academy (ORNCA) are now eligible for selection to:
· OSA Provincial All-Star Teams
· OSA Regional All-Star Teams
A player in an ORNCA Academy no longer has to register with a OSA Member Club in order to be eligible for selection to a Provincial or Regional Team. In order to be eligible to be recommended to a Provincial or Regional Team the player must be reported to the OSA by the ORNCA and once reported, become eligible for selection to any of these teams.
The OSA Provincial and Regional Coaches will work with the OSA Member Club and ORNCA Technical Directors in identifying talented players and providing them with the opportunity to further their development by being participants in these Provincial/Regional Team programs.
Provincial/Regional Team Selection Process
NOTE: The following process will be in effect for 2013 and 2014. The entire Provincial/Regional Team program is under review for 2015 and beyond.
1) The OSA’s Provincial Team Selection / Tryout Consideration policy is outlined below.
2) The Academy player will now follow under the same process as any other club player at the U-14, U-15 and U-16 age levels.
3) Provincial/Regional Team Staff may now scout academy teams and competition for players in ORNCA Academies who are now eligible for Regional and Provincial team selection.
4) Eligible U-13 Regional players from OSA Recognized Non-Club Academies will be identified by Regional staff in League/Cup play.
5) Players who have not previously been asked to Provincial Team Tryouts must obtain a letter of recommendation from the ORNCA Technical Director. Tryouts for players who have already been identified will be extended an invitation by the Provincial Coaches.
6) Players eligible for Team Ontario tryouts in 2012-2013 belong to the following Age Groups
(a) U14 Males (Players born January 1st, 1999 or later)
(b) U15 Males (Players born January 1st, 1998 or later)
(c) U16 Males (Players born January 1st, 1997 or later)
(d) U14 Females (Players born January 1st, 1999 or later)
(e) U15 Females (Players born January 1st, 1998 or later)
(f) U16 Females (Players born January 1st, 1997 or later)
Note: for the 2013-2014, the date of birth eligibility shifts one year later.
7) Responsibilities of Current Regional Staff and ORNCA Technical Director.
a) Submit in writing a recommendation for any players who you believe are capable of playing at the Provincial Level. The information should include:
(i) Player Name
(ii) Phone Number
(iv) A Brief Report of the Player.
8) Responsibilities of Players
a) Submit a short one-page typed player resume to include:
(i) Player Name
(iii) Phone Number
(iv) Date of Birth
(v) Playing History
(vi) Achievements and Goals.
9) All of the above information can be faxed or mailed to:
The Ontario Soccer Association
7601 Martin Grove Road
Fax (905) 264-9445
Attention Manager, of Player Development
10) Upon Review of the resume and letter of recommendation the player may receive an invitation by mail or phone to attend training with the Provincial Team of their age group.
11) After this, it is the responsibility of the Provincial Staff Coach to inform the player of their status within the Program