The Referee Development Committee (RDC) is the committee that advises the Referee Department on all matters relating to refereeing in Ontario.
The RDC consists of 5-7 members, including a DRC, CHR and members at large.
CHAIR Patty Peebles firstname.lastname@example.org
District Referee Co-ordinators (DRC) meet annually towards the end of the year. Under the direction of the District Association Board of Directors, each DRC is responsible for the management of all referee development programming within the District Association. This includes:
- Education and Fitness testing
- Provincial development program
2013 DISTRICT REFEREE CO-ORDINATORS
DRC’s are also responsible for providing a support and mentoring program for referees in their district. Currently there is a 50% turnover rate for young referees.
Instructor Advisory Group (IAG) informs the RDC on all instructor related matters including, but not limited to:
- Certification and re-certification of instructors
- Appointment of trainers to instructor certification courses, and to all referee workshops, new and in-service, and assessor certification and re-certification courses
- Upgrading and downgrading of instructors
Assessor Advisory Group (AAG) informs the RDC on all assessor and assessment related matters, including, but not limited to:
- Certification and re-certification of assessors
- Upgrading and downgrading of assessors
- Upgrading and downgrading of referees
- Review of OSA Assessment policies and procedures as required